Why I Love This Recipe:
Not only is this far healthier than canned baked beans, but it's an ideal way to smuggle in some green veggies for a rosy-cheeked baby. This one also makes for a nice Sunday brekky with a speedy cooking time.
- 1 can Cannellini beans (no salt added)
- 1 carrot
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 can tomatoes (no salt added)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add cumin plus diced onion. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Grate carrot and sweet potato then pop in the frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Chuck in Cannellini beans, tomatoes and garlic then bring to boil.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add extra vegetables like broccoli or Brussel sprouts. You can also replace the onion with some leek or leave out the garlic if baby isn't used to many herbs yet. Serve with meat for extra iron or on a bit of buttery toast to make it go even further. Winner!