We pledge to reduce single-use plastics and promote a reusable lifestyle.
Every person who switches to a Moon Bottle prevents roughly 156 plastic bottles from being thrown away each year. We're proud of this work, but we can always do more. We consider it our lifelong task to find new ways to help mother earth.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
You might have spotted our website, we've partnered with eco-initiative Verdn. This project attaches environmental benefits to every product you purchase.
For each Moon product sold, five mangrove trees are planted in Madagascar, Mozambique or Kenya. These trees provide crucial income to villagers who rely on the land for food and shelter. They also rebuild ecosystems by restoring sea-life habitats and reducing greenhouse gasses.
- The five trees we plant on your behalf are estimated to remove 61.5kg of CO2 annually.
- We donate 10% of our annual profits to the Eden Restoration Projects, which reduce extreme poverty by employing local people to plant millions of trees every year.
- Moon also contributes to small, local charities on an ongoing basis. We have donated over 500 bottles to schools, businesses and non-profit organisations.
- We use high-quality materials and all products are backed with a lifetime guarantee. This reduces waste by encouraging people to buy for life.
- We send 100% compostable mailer bags with personalised Moon bottle orders.
- We also use 100% recyclable mailer bags with standard Moon bottles, lunch bags and accessories ordered through our website.
- Alongside Amazon, we donate Moon bottles to selected charities as part of the FBA donations programme.
- Moon dedicates its online channels to reusable living. We do this through engaging the community and sharing posts to inspire simple daily changes as well as educate on environmental issues.
We pledge to encourage community projects which create a positive impact. We're also working to reduce Moon Reusable's own carbon footprint.
We’re passionate about our online community. It’s where we share creative ideas with like-minded people and are inspired to create positive change. We aim to build this space into a powerful resource, making it easy for anyone to live an environmentally conscious lifestyle.
As part of our promise to be better, we're formulating a Carbon Management Plan with the intent to reduce our overall carbon emissions. This is with the help from ClimatePartner.
To kick things off, we will measure carbon emissions used to manufacture and deliver our bottles by undergoing a Product Carbon Footprint (PCF). This will take a couple of months to complete, after which we'll share the results with our community.
From here, we will strategise ways we can reduce our emissions and offset the remaining by using accredited organisations outlined by ClimatePartner.
- Implement a Carbon Management Plan with a three-year strategy to minimise our carbon footprint and offset remaining emissions.
- Measure fossil fuel use during the manufacturing process and work towards finding a more sustainable source of production. Ideally, we'd love our factory in China to switch to 100% renewable energy but we are just a small cog in a large wheel. With this in mind, we'll demonstrate our support for campaigns run by Greenpeace which urge governments in East Asia to announce carbon neutrality road maps and make corporations choose 100% renewable energy.
- Work with environmentally responsible shipping companies.
- Replace the biodegradable inner bags sent with each purchase with a reusable Moon bottle bag.
- Commit to sourcing 100% recycled materials to make Moon bottles, lunch bags and packaging.
- Continue to release products that replace single-use plastics, contain no toxic chemicals and are built to last a lifetime.
Moon is always looking for ways to improve and share the results with our community. As part of this process, we encourage feedback and open communication. If you've noticed something we've missed or can suggest an exciting new initiative, please feel free to contact us here.