Tips, tricks, hints, and all that good stuff.
Ok, so according to the H2O formula from our previous post, I supposedly should be chugging just over 1.8L of water each day, but I’d like to increase my intake even further for health reasons.
It can be tricky to down all your much needed water (life and all), so here’s a few ways you can hit your intake goals.
- Give your water some flavour (minus the sugar of course) - frozen fruit ice-cubes, lemon/lime/mint/fruit infusers or sparkle up your water (I mean soda water just FYI not the sugary stuff). And yes, you can put lemon inside your stainless steel water bottle.
- Keep a bottle handy and set targets for yourself (e.g If I will drink one container of water by 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm etc). It’s also great to consume a glass of H2O first thing in the morning to get your digestive system pumping.
- Look out for places to top up your bottle on the go (free water - yay).
- Remember, you can always get a lil’ water from some of the foods you consume. Think: watermelon (92% water), cucumber (98%), zucchini, grapefruit plus all other fruits and veggies.
- Get into herbal tea - particularly on those cold-chilly days (an insulated water bottle will keep your tea nice warm for up to 12 hours)???
- Always ask for a glass of the good stuff (not alcohol; water) when you order a coffee. I love my coffee (and I’m a self-indulging coffee snob), so it’s also nice to hinder that coffee breath and keep your teeth from slowly turning brown.
Pick one of the above and see how you go. Feel free to let us know in the comments if you’ve got any other smart tips to add, or what else you'd like to hear more about.